After almost a month of consultations between the NEC (Lesotho Football Association) and (Premier League Management Committee (PLMC) regarding the future of the 2019/2020 season, the NEC has resolved as follows:
1. The 2019/2020 season ends henceforth on the 31st July 2020.
2. The log standings of the Premier League, A Division and Women Super
League be confirmed as final as at the date of the suspension of the leagues by the Lesotho Football Association.
3. That the following declaration regarding different leagues apply.
i. That Bantu FC are declared as Champions of the Econet Premier League and shall represent Lesotho in the CAF Champions League.
ii. That Manonyane FC (leaders of the Southern Stream) and CCX FC (leaders of Northern Stream) be declared as the two A Division
Teams to be promoted to Premier League.
iii. That LDF Ladies FC are declared as the winners of the Women Super League.
4. That there will be no relegation in the Premier League, A Division and Women Super League of the current season, but the two teams in the A Division will be promoted to the Premier League and two from the B Division will be promoted to the A Division.
5. That for the competitions that arise as a result of the log standings (i.e. Top 4 and Top 8) the log standings at the time of the suspension of the leagues shall be used as a determining factor.
6. That as of the 2020/2021 until any other decision is to be taken, the Premier League shall have sixteen teams with two teams from the A Division being promoted. That at the end of the 2020/2021 season, there will be two teams that will be relegated.
7. The 2020/2021 season shall commence as soon as the government of Lesotho gives the green light for sport to be practiced given the Covid-19 pandemic. However, you are all advised to consider 1st September 2020, as the tentative start of the new season.