The national juniors’ event came to conclusion on Saturday at Maqalika Scenery Guest House.
“It was due to several reasons that we had to divert from the announced schedule of the two day tournament to one day with time control of 25 minutes per player. Among others is the low turn up of players”, said Mr Selatela Khiba the Lesotho chess association public relations office.
There were two sections of the championship; they are under 10 and under 18.
Under 10 category
1. Moorosi Thato with 5 pts and winning gold
2. Leseho Majara with 3.5 pts winning silver
3. Lefuo Lelimo with 3.5 pts winning bonze
Khiba indicated that in the under 18 category they played as follow:
1. Taioe Reitumetse with 5 points out of 7 winning gold
2. Bonolo Ntsielo with 4 points winning silver
3. Thetsane Nteboheleng with 3.5 pts winning bronze
1. Motsamai Bokang with 6.5 pts out of 7 winning gold
2. Lebajoa Ts’ephe with 6 pts winning silver
3. Ntsonyane Phamotse with 4 pts winning bronze
In conclusion, he thanked all parents who supported our tournament by bringing their kids even in these trying times of the pandemic.
“We also thank the management of Scenery Guest House for lending us their facilities. Lastly, we congratulate all winners in their categories”, said the PRO.